Patients from all over the United States and from many other countries request Dr. Capella’s expertise in body contouring. We have provided an outline of the steps involved in obtaining an initial consultation and having surgery with Dr. Capella for individuals who live outside of the Northeast of the United States.
- The first step is to send images of your areas of concern with views similar to those on Dr. Capella’s website. In addition, you should provide a brief summary of your medical history and if pertinent, weight related history. Finally, the procedure or procedures you are considering should be noted.
- Dr. Capella will review your images and concerns. You will then be contacted by our patient coordinator to arrange for a mutually convenient time for you and Dr. Capella to speak over the phone.
- Once you and Dr. Capella have spoken and have agreed to the safest and most effective option for addressing your concerns, our surgical coordinator will e-mail you fees for the proposed procedure(s).
- All surgeries are performed personally by Dr. Capella at Hackensack University Medical Center or Pascack Valley Hospital.
- Depending on the procedures to be performed, you may be required to stay overnight at the hospital or at a nursing facility for one or more nights. The length of time that Dr. Capella will request that you stay in the New York Metropolitan area will depend on the procedures you are considering. This will be clarified during your initial phone call with Dr. Capella.
- If you have decided to proceed with surgery, you should then complete and sign our Patient Intake Form. This form should be faxed to our office at 201-818-0311 or e-mailed. Once the form has been received, a surgery date can be scheduled. A $1,000.00 is required to secure a date for surgery.
- Once your deposit has been received by our office, a confirmation email will be sent. In approximately 35 days prior to your surgery date a formal confirmation letter will be sent. It will include prescriptions and a medical clearance form for you to take to your Primary Care Physician. Your Pre-Operative appointment will need be scheduled at least one to two days prior to your surgery date, depending on your arrival here in New Jersey. Please keep this in mind when making travel arrangements.
- Patients coming from abroad MUST obtain their medical clearance and laboratory work from a physician in the United States. Our office will provide you with a referral for a local physician who works frequently with Dr. Capella’s patients from abroad. Plan to meet with this physician at least 5 days prior to your surgery. The fees for all pre operative testing is not included in the fee sheet provided from our office. Our office can provide you an estimated cost for all laboratory and primary care physician costs in the united states.
- Dr. Capella prefers that you stay in a hotel near our office in Ramsey, New Jersey. Nearly all the major hotel chains are represented within a short distance from the office. Please review list of hotels in our area below. Our patient and surgical coordinators are very happy to offer guidance in your selection.
The closest major national and international airports to our office are Newark Liberty Airport, LaGuardia Airport (national), John F. Kennedy International Airport, and New York Stewart Int'l Airport