Patients from all over the United States and from many other countries request Dr. Capella’s expertise in body contouring. We have provided an outline of the steps involved in obtaining an initial consultation and having surgery with Dr. Capella for individuals who live outside of the Northeast of the United States.
- The first step is to send images of your areas of concern with views similar to those on Dr. Capella’s website. In addition, you should provide a brief summary of your medical history and if pertinent, weight related history. Finally, the procedure or procedures you are considering should be noted.
- Dr. Capella will review your images and concerns. You will then be contacted by our patient coordinator to arrange for a mutually convenient time for you and Dr. Capella to speak over the phone for a Phone Consult for patients abroad.
- Once you and Dr. Capella have spoken and have agreed to the safest and most effective option for addressing your concerns, our surgical coordinator will e-mail you fees for the proposed procedure(s).
- All surgeries are performed personally by Dr. Capella at Hackensack University Medical Center or The Valley Hospital.
- Depending on the procedures to be performed, you may be required to stay overnight at the hospital or at a nursing facility for one or more nights. The length of time that Dr. Capella will request that you stay in the New York Metropolitan area will depend on the procedures you are considering. This will be clarified during your initial phone call with Dr. Capella.
- If you have decided to proceed with surgery, you should then complete and sign our Patient Intake Form. This form should be faxed to our office at 201-818-0311 or e-mailed. Once the form has been received, a surgery date can be scheduled. A $500.00 is required to secure a date for surgery.
- Once the deposit has been received, a confirmation letter will be mailed to you. It will include prescriptions and a medical clearance form for you to take to your Primary Care Physician. Your Consult/Pre-op appointment will be scheduled one to two days prior to your surgery. Please keep this in mind when making travel arrangements.
- Patients coming from abroad MUST obtain their medical clearance and laboratory work from a physician in the United States. We will provide you with a referral for a local physician who works frequently with Dr. Capella’s patients from abroad. Plan to meet with this physician four or five days prior to your surgery. The fees for this consultation are not included in the fee sheet provided from our office.
- Dr. Capella prefers that you stay in a hotel near our office in Ramsey, New Jersey. There are numerous hotels in neighboring Mahwah and Saddle River, New Jersey as well. Nearly all the major hotel chains are represented within a short distance from the office. Our patient and surgical coordinators are very happy to offer guidance in your selection of hotels.
The closest major national and international airport to our office is Newark Liberty Airport. Other major airports near the office include LaGuardia Airport (national) and John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Holiday Inn Express
201 934 9250
201 327 6700
Hampton Inn and Suites
201 828 2013
201 529 1660
Extended Stay America
Upper Saddle River, NJ
201 236 9996
201 529 5880
Homewood Suites by Hilton
201 327 6700
201 512 3800
Courtyard by Marriot
855 809 3511
Fairfield Inn and Suites
201 529 4000
Ramsey, NJ 07446
New York City Office
New York, NY 10016